CSA stands for “Community Supported Agriculture” – meaning the community members purchase a piece of the farm’s production, and in return, receive delicious, safe, and sustainably grown produce and herbs each week of the harvest season. Each week we hand pick and pack spring mix lettuce, arugula, greens and a selections of other seasonal vegetables that are ready for harvest!
♦Please note, there are always two sides to every CSA: Reward and Risk.
If our farm encounters a natural disaster (freeze, hurricane or entire crop loss due to pests, etc), the CSA member accepts to share the loss with the farm. In the event of these circumstances, be assured, we will do our best to quickly re-begin production or offer substitutions as quickly as possible.
Our farm has been growing fresh, nutritional produce for family’s table for three generations. We choose varieties of heritage and unique seed that grow into the most tasty produce. Our farm team always carefully hand tills, hand plants, and hand weeds.
How does our Nana’s Greene CSA work?
- Choose your CSA Share Box Size based on the number of people in your household,
- Choose Your Pick-Up Location closest to home or work. Shares are available for pick-up after 3pm at a community partner location near you,
- Choose your Payment Option,
- Fill out our Join Form to enroll for the harvest season!
What Your Membership Includes:
- You will begin receiving your farm fresh produce CSA Share box delivered to a community partner location nearest you as soon as your Membership is processed!
- We also provide Member Recipes and Weekly Newsletter.
- While we are not a grocery store produce department, if you have a particular food allergy, you may specify a substitute item for another at time of enrollment (for example, more lettuce instead of beets). We will always try to accommodate as best we can!
- Please note that some pickup locations do not have refrigeration. This means your box should promptly be picked up on your delivery day before your location closing time.
If you’re unable to pickup your Share box–for any reason–on your designated day, please have a friend or family member pickup your box. CSA programs do not issue ‘credits’ for unclaimed Share boxes. Your subscription is for the length of the season, no refunds are issued.
- Shares that are not picked up are donated to a local soup kitchen.